A cycleway was built alongside Scania Way, but it is dangerous in many ways, including:
- The north end is on the corner of a busy T-junction with HGVs turning. The cycleway was originally planned to turn north onto Oldmedow Road as cycle lanes but the "safety auditors" refused to allow that and instead insisted on this dangerous ending!
- Some of the crossings of the car showroom accesses have no marked priority.
- Some of the crossings of the car showroom accesses are blind for emerging motorists because of the showrooms' signs.
- There are numerous sign legs in the cycleway.
- The south end terminates in a pinch point corner with a lamp post because enabling fast turns and good lighting for motorists is more important than keeping crash hazards away from the cycleway.